Studies with identical and non-identical twins show that between 50 and 80 percent of one's reported level of happiness is genetically determined.
Moreover, Richard Davidson has found that happy people tend to have more activity in the left frontal cortex while unhappy people tend to have more activity in the right frontal cortex.
Even more striking, whether someone is a cortical righty or a cortical lefty can be read from the foreheads of 10-month infants, and according to Jerome Kagen such left-right determinations that are made from infants predict personality traits through adulthood.
So for those who are still single, unless you want to be stuck with a Debby Downer for a spouse, it would be best to gain access to a brainwave measuring device before proposing marriage.
- The Happiness Hypothesis (2006 book) by Jonathan Haidt, page 33
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades