Often someone who is bone-tired will lay down in bed and flip on the TV or his laptop thinking that it would be nice to relax for a few minutes before going to sleep.
And often, he'll end up catching a second wind and stay awake another hour or two watching some old movie or reading some web-site.
Whence blows this second wind?
Light emitted from televisions and computers that shines directly into the eyes suppresses the sleep inducing hormone melatonin.
- The End of Illness (2011) by David B. Agus, page 254
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades